SNES multi region mod with SuperCIC, uIGR (V2) and region patching parts
SNES multi region mod with SuperCIC, uIGR (V2) and region patching partsby borti4938.
layer board of
Shared on January 7th, 2015 19:10.
- Most of the solder joints are located at the cart connector as to be seen on the silkscreen.
- The mode output located at the PCBs bottom right side is goin' to the
- S-CPUN Pin 111
- S-PPU1 Pin 24 and S-PPU2 Pin 30
- One may use the additional pad for the add-on PCB for the 1Chip-SNES or to use separate wires to S-PPU1 and S-PPU2
- CIC8 and CIC10 has to be solder to the pads, not the the lifted pins
- Reset input can be solder directly to the reset buttons output instead of CIC8
- ‘Contr. Port’ means the connector for the flat wire. In the SNES-mini the mapping is as follows:
- 10 -> Player1 Pin3
- 8 -> Player1 Pin2
- 6 -> Player1 Pin4
- S-CPUN Pin 111 OR S-PPU1 Pin 24 and S-PPU2 Pin 30
- CIC Pins 1, 2, 10 and 11 OR remove CIC completely
Values of passive components:
R1, R2: 220Ohm (increase resistor values if LED is too bright)
C1 - C5: 0.1uF
Active ICs (SOIC14 packages if not otherwise stated):
7404: six inverter gates, where three are unused
74HC(T)125: four buffer gate: use HC or HCT type!
74133: 13-NAND gate, SOIC16 package
S-CIC: PIC16F630 flashed with ‘Firmware_SCIC.hex’
uIGR (V2): PIC16F684 flashed with ‘Firmware_uIGR_V2.hex’
Both firmwares can be found at https://github.com/borti4938/SNES-AddOn-PCBs/tree/master/Firmware-Switchless-PICs
!!!Note that the ‘snes-igr.hex’ in the sd2snes github repository, i.e., the ‘classical igr’ won’t work on this PCB!!!